- Arts and Crafts
- Activities and Games
- Classroom Decorations
- Furniture & Equipment
- School Supplies
- Browse by Subject
A gifted and talented education is an education that very few students will receive or should receive. In fact, many gifted and talented students may prefer to stay in the regular school system with “regular” kids. However, a regular education will not challenge or encourage gifted and talented students to do better. For a gifted and talented student to really reach his or her capabilities, he or she really ought to receive a gifted and talented education. Here are guidelines on how to tell if your child should be receiving a gifted and talented education:
· Does your child have very intense and unusual interests?
Does your child pursue an activity unceasingly beyond the group?
· Does your child have a very strong desire to learn? Does he or she pursue learning on his or her own?
· Is your child constantly experimenting and have experiments? Does she ask lots of unusual questions for her age and play around with ideas and extensive explore materials, devices, or situations?
· Does your child have an exceptional memory? Can your child master a subject or list with only a few repetitions?
· Is your child a creative problem solver? Is your child an inventor?
· Is he highly expressive with words or symbols? Does he communicate very well?
· Is she able to pick up and convey humor well?
· Is he extremely creative?
· Can she follow a logical pattern to figure things out?
· Does he have strong reactions to emotional stimuli?
Keep in mind that according to this list, it may seem that many children deserve a gifted and talented education. Realize, though, that your child should only receive a gifted and talented education if he is at the extreme end of a “yes” answer to any of these questions. In fact, a child who should receive a gifted and talented education should elicit a strong “yes” answer from multiple of these questions.
Do not try to force your child in a gifted and talented education.
If your child should not be receiving one, he may feel like a failure.
A regular education will probably serve him perfectly well, and
he can still grow up to make a big name for himself.
Colorful Crayons Bolder Border
List Price $4.78
Sale Price $3.99
Grammar Gr. 5 Skill Builders
List Price $4.95
Sale Price $2.95
PreSchool CD and Activity Book
List Price $15.59
Sale Price $12.99
Browse worksheets, projects, lessons, books, activities and other teaching products by grade level:
Homeroom Teacher has the best selection of Gifted and Talented Education at the lowest prices!
Great learning games for kids from preschool through grade school. Wonderful examples of learning games.
Math activities – fun activities for children to practice beginning math skills. Few props are needed. Four easy-to-set-up math activities.
Educational games at the holidays can be fun. Turn this math exercise into an educational game by drawing a pumpkin on a grid!