- Arts and Crafts
- Activities and Games
- Classroom Decorations
- Furniture & Equipment
- School Supplies
- Browse by Subject
management is a skill that most people are not born with, but it
most definitely is a skill that most people can learn. Here are
some excellent tips to help you with your classroom management.
• Do not roll call – instead, take roll while the students are seated and working. Roll call just offers one more chance for students to speak up and out of turn and mess with your overall classroom management.
• Do not talk for the entire class! Yes, you should and need to give some lectures and presentations, but long ones can make students restless. And when students are restless and bored, they are more likely to act up. Do not give them that chance. Good classroom management involves keeping your students happy and ready to learn.
• Start your class right when the bell rings and continue it until the next bell rings. Do not give your students those extra chances to talk and be disruptive.
• Be patient with your students. Your classroom management will all hit the fan if you get angry with your students over little issues.
• Be consistent.
• Write a reasonable set of expectations and rules. For proper and easy classroom management, these need to be rules that you can enforce. You should also consider rules that you do not need to have (like “no chewing gum”) – the fewer rules that you have, the more important they seem and the easier they are to follow.
• Keep students actively involved. Learning is a two way street. Constantly involve the students. Hold discussions or debates. Have them give presentations, etc.
• Keep your sense of humor. Know when to laugh and when to be serious. Have fun with the kids.
• Know that it is ok to ask for help with your classroom management. Other teachers may have very helpful ideas or know how to deal with certain students.
I hope that these tips on classroom management will help you lead
a better and more productive class. Proper classroom management
will create not only an atmosphere that is easier on you, but easier
on your students as well. Proper classroom management will create
a better learning environment.
List Price $299.99
Sale Price $225.00
Rainbow Star Sparkle Classic Accents
List Price $6.29
Sale Price $5.49
Beary Big Calendar Set Bulletin Board
List Price $13.99
Sale Price $12.99
Browse worksheets, projects, lessons, books, activities and other teaching products by grade level:
Homeroom Teacher has the best selection of Classroom Management at the lowest prices!
Math activities – fun activities for children to practice beginning math skills. Few props are needed. Four easy-to-set-up math activities.
Educational games at the holidays can be fun. Turn this math exercise into an educational game by drawing a pumpkin on a grid!
Arts Lesson Ideas
Have the most effective language arts lesson ideas!
Preschool ideas – 4 great preschool ideas to help you “handle” an entire class of preschoolers. Acting, crafting, singing, and resting.