- Arts and Crafts
- Activities and Games
- Classroom Decorations
- Furniture & Equipment
- School Supplies
- Browse by Subject
“Back-to-school” is almost like a season all of its own. Parents and students are rushing to grocery stores and office stores to find the best back-to-school supplies. Meanwhile, many of the best back-to-school supplies are already sold out or mixed into the wrong piles. Here are some tips for helping you shop for back-to-school supplies.
• Most importantly, do not wait for the last moment. There
are many back-to-school supplies that you can buy for your child
long before school starts. You know that your child is going to
need basics like:
• Before you go out and buy all brand new back-to-school supplies, see what you can dig up at home. Very likely you may have some perfectly good pencils, notebooks, pens, and other supplies at home. They may not be brand new, but they will work.
• If your child insists on getting a new backpack but his old one is in perfectly good condition – suggest sewing patches on it or even painted it with some fabric paint to change it.
• For some supplies, you should wait until the teacher says that your child needs them. If your child’s teacher never mentions any necessary back-to-school supplies, ask. Find out what kinds of back-to-school supplies your child will need for the year.
• Consider buying notebooks made out of recycled paper and other products that are made with mother earth in mind. Students go through a ton of back-to-school supplies a year – make sure that you help eliminate the problem of waste.
-Do not buy more back to school supplies than your child needs – and if you do, be sure to save them and use them the next year.
-If your child “brown bags it” every day, consider invested in a fun lunch pail or a cloth sack to cut down on waste. Or, at least, reuse brown paper bags for an entire week of lunches.
• Do not forget that back-to-school supplies can also include shoes and clothing! Children grow up quickly, and this fact really shows when they put on last year’s back-to-school clothing and it does not fit.
Themes to Grow On- Spring and Summer
List Price $27.54
Sale Price $22.95
Arts & Crafts for All Seasons: Grades 1-3
List Price $25.99
Sale Price $19.95
Big Sunflower Bulletin Board Set
List Price $14.38
Sale Price $11.99
Homeroom Teacher has the best selection of Back-To-School Supplies at the lowest prices!
Do you need to come up with your own lesson ideas? Here is a format to follow!
Lesson plans – how to come up with good lesson plans. Putting together a good lesson plan.
for the Classroom
There are many reasons for having maps for the classroom, geography lessons are much easier with visual aids.
Math activities – fun activities for children to practice beginning math skills. Few props are needed. Four easy-to-set-up math activities.
in the Classroom
Considering the technological advances of society today, to have computers in the classroom is not such a bad idea.
Not all of your students are little angels, so at parent teacher conferences—what do you say?